Our client is seeking a Proposal Specialist, who will play a pivotal role in researching, drafting and submitting proposals for work or funding, and providing insights, analysis, research, and support consulting projects.
Primary responsibilities will involve working on bids and business proposals, conducting research, analysing data, and assisting with project deliverables. You will collaborate with a team of consultants, economists, and other professionals to deliver high-quality economic insights to clients.
1. Bid and Business Proposal Support (60%):
- Play a key role in the preparation of bids and business proposals by conducting research, analysing data and presenting it in a clear and concise way, and providing insights.
- Collaborate with the consulting team to develop compelling analysis and value propositions in response to client needs.
- Assist in drafting sections of bid documents, methodology, and project approach.
- Lead in putting together a relevant team of professionals to undertake the work
2. Project Support (20%):
- Assist in the development of project plans, milestones, and deliverables to ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Collaborate with the consulting team to support project-specific tasks.
- Coordinate teams that are in charge of project delivery.
- Is able to drive delivery and push to ensure high quality and on-time delivery of projects.
- Can manage the client effectively, providing timely communication and addressing any concerns.
3. Data Collection and Measurement (20%):
- Identify and gather relevant data from reputable sources, ensuring accuracy and reliability.
- Develop data collection strategies and methodologies, including surveys, interviews, or secondary research techniques.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in any field from a university that is accredited in Kenya
- Demonstrated expertise in developing persuasive proposals, with a particular advantage in grant proposals and public finance proposals
- Extremely high attention to detail and has a methodical and systematic approach to work.
- Extremely high writing and communication skills, and can make a compelling case to clients
- Strong analytical skills, and data interpretation techniques.
- A team player and is able to work with others in person as well as remotely
- Previous experience working as a consultant for well known professional services firms